Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sydney Aquarium

Another overcast day, not raining but the sun didn't quite make its face seen yesterday.  But it was a nice day to go to the famous Sydney Aquarium located down in Darling Harbour! Apparently everyone with a family had the same idea as us as there was line that stretched out a ways when we got there.  The sign on the top of the aquarium enticed us to see the durong..... what is that? I had no clue either.


Darling Harbour


Dugongs??


This is a dugong, cute guy, reminds me of a big walrus actually.
He eats lettuce!


Rather get eaten by a freshwater or saltwater croc?


Wonders of the Great Barrier Reef!

There are too many pictures I have of the cool things under the Australian sea.  I wish I could post them all up.  The aquarium was large and you can be entertained for a few hours down there as they have exhibits ranging from sharks to the reef to the platypus.  It is a must see if you are ever visiting Sydney!

4 comments:

  1. Um well... if the choice is to get *eaten* by a freshie or a saltie... I choose saltie so that its over in 1 bite...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahahaha, never thought about that but it makes sense =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. saltie and freshie are kissing sare's head!!! lol kekekek

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what a dugong is... ask me ask me ask me... I heart aquariums !!!!! anyways, where were you today missy???

    ReplyDelete