Saturday, January 23, 2010

The past week's adventures

This past week has been busy.  Some things I did...
Go on my first train ride ever! We traveled to the main University Campus to speak with the pharmacy school's advisor and got a good perspective on pharmacy practice in Australia as well as the school's curriculum.  It is different as expected and I feel with the exchange of information from us in the U.S. that we provide their school with a different perspective and ideas to implement in their own program. 


My first train ride!


The whole train to ourselves! Not really...
We found out we were on the wrong one so had to jump on the right one which had way more pple

Friday night we had dinner with Elodie, a co-worker and her boyfriend Gustavo.  Elodie is the person who helped Mel and I set up our housing and work arrangements here so I am really thankful for her.  She is spunky and has lived in France, Spain, and now Australia, a world class traveler! We had dinner over at a place called the Grind.


Elodie and Gustavo


 TGIF!



Mushroom
(Portabello mushroom with thyme and basil stuffing, arugala, roasted red bell peppers with balsamic dressing)

Dinner for me was great! I enjoyed my mushroom, yes that was how it was named on the menu) the stuffing was just right and with the salad and dressing on the plate it was light and refreshing.  The other dishes my dinner partners ordered unfortunately was not as great and they were disappointed because either the dish was too creamy, too spicy, or just unflavorful.  All in all though, I had a great time enjoying the company and it was a good way to end a long week!

No comments:

Post a Comment