Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Newcastle

I'm in Newcastle!  After having been in Sydney for 2 weeks, I finally headed up north to my final destination of Newcastle. I'm staying in an apartment close to the university here where I will be finishing up my 8 week rotation in Australia.  For those of you who think I'm here just for fun, really I'm here for a pharmacy research rotation and have been working in between all the sightseeing.  For the next six weeks I will be compiling my research with a completion in the end of a publishable paper! Exciting, but a darn lot of work.  This means probably not as many posts on exciting things, but don't worry there will be at least one new post per week.

I am working with another classmate as well as a pharmacy student from the University of Wisconsin.  Together we will be the three girls from the States.  It's been good so far.  Newcastle is a much smaller town than Sydney and I haven't had much of a chance to explore yet, but the small town feel with hole in the wall places plus beaches is definitely my kind of place!

Our first night in town our preceptor took us out to dinner at a Bali restaurant called the Banyon Tree.  I apologize, but I do not remember the names of the dishes exactly or what was in it, but they were delicious!  A bit spicy and definitely lots of flavor.  I'll leave these images to tantalize you until my next post!


Appetizers
Sorry I forget the names, but they were yum yum!


Ayam Pelalah
(strips of chicken cooked with lime and spicy chiles served on a bed of steamed vegetables and  rice)

The Banyan Tree
39 Beaumont Street
Hamilton NSW 2303

No comments:

Post a Comment