Saturday, January 30, 2010

My Favorite Restaurant in Australia!!

I love the weekends here! After a relaxed morning, the girls and I headed over to Kotara Mall to do a little shopping in the afternoon and then went down to Darby Street for dinner at Goldberg's once again.  Can I just say that it is the best restaurant that I've been to here in Australia!


We all decided to try different dishes tonight as we've heard that everything is really good and from my first visit at Goldbergs, I could believe it.  On the specials menu tonight, there was kangaroo and scotch fillet which the other two girls ordered and I had the Roasted Capsicum & Basil Polenta.  Everything was delicious!

 Kangaroo
(tastes like beef to me)

 
Scotch Fillet with Asparagus

 
Roasted Capsicum & Basil Polenta
(Pesto mushrooms, roasted peppers, zucchini, kumera, spicy baba ganoush with tomato chutney)

My dish was unbelievably good! There were layers of the roasted peppers, zucchini,  kumera (sweet potato), and basil polenta stacked in a beautiful tower with the tomato chutney on top and the baba ganoush on the side.  All the vegetables were tender but firm and the flavors melded together nicely in the mouth with just the right amount of saltiness.  There was also a reduced balsamic dressing around the dish that added sweetness to the dish as well.  The basil polenta was crispy on the outside and firm on the inside, perfect! I really enjoyed the baba ganoush (mashed eggplant with spices) with its flavor and spice.  I would never have thought to add it to this dish but it was wonderful with it being slightly chilled in comparison to the roasted vegetables and had a good texture and consistency.

 
 Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake & Berry and Ricotta Cheesecake
(Chocolate cake topped with dark chocolate mousse & more chocolate)
&
(Baked ricotta cheesecake with blueberries)

We decided to share and indulge in dessert as well and were quite glad we did. The two chosen were the Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake that was chocolate heaven and also the Berry and Ricotta Cheesecake which was light and refreshing to offset the sweetness of the chocolate mousse.  Both came with scoops of vanilla ice cream and a touch of fruit, delightful!

 
Good food and good times!

Needless to say, we enjoyed our meals very much and I have deemed Goldbergs to be the best restaurant in Australia! It's not just that the food is fantastic, but the service, atmosphere, and the price also is unbeatable and unlike any other place I've been to.  Enjoy vicariously my friends!

Goldbergs
137 Darby Street
Cooks Hill NSW 2300

No comments:

Post a Comment