Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Years!!!

Happy New Years!!! While the rest of you are getting ready to celebrate the eve, I ‘ve already experienced one of the first places to welcome the new year, right from Sydney Harbour.  It was an amazing sight.  My family friends were able to get limited tickets into the Royal Botanical Gardens which sits just across from the Opera House and has a great view of the Sydney Bridge and parts of the water where fireworks were being blown.  The Gardens was packed with people, but down in the streets by the Opera House there were even more crowds.  From the confines of the garden we had a lovely picnic and conversations as we waited for the show to begin.  We arrived at about half past 6 and set up our blankets and food.  Two shows played with the first being at 9 pm for the families with kids who needed to go home and the bigger one at midnight for the rest of us and the whole world to see.


Before the festivites begin

 
 Ready and anticipating New Years Eve!

 
Getting close to midnight
The Opera House and the bridge where the fireworks blew

It was an amazing sight!! I'm sorry I wasn't able to post the video clips I had taken as the file is too large.  I never would have thought that I would be in Sydney welcoming the New Years! It was a wonderful time and I will never forget it.  So many things have happened in 2009, but I usher in 2010 gladly and am looking forward to the exciting things it brings!  Wishing everyone a safe and Happy New Years!! Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!

1 comment: