Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Alley Restaurant- Aiea Bowl

Who would have thought that a bowling alley would have great food?!! If you have not been down to Aiea Bowl then you must! I had heard about the famous tasty chicken and lemon crunch cake, but only made it out this past week for my first taste and I was not disappointed. The Alley has a great selection of local food at a reasonable price and on top of that their remodeled dining area is cozy and large enough for family dining.  There is a Tuesday night special with a deluxe pre-set 5 course dinner.  It looked gourmet and delicious, but that night my friends and I decided to stick with the simple local fare. We each ordered something different and had a sampling session.


Tasty Chicken and Furikake Crusted Ahi Combo 
Boneless chicken battered, deep fried, and dipped in their secret Sauce
Fresh Ahi, sliced and crusted with Furikake


Handmade Hamburger Steak Patty and Tasty Chicken Combo 
Made daily, tender patties of hamburger covered with their homemade gravy.


Pulehu Steak


Fried Pork Chops 

My tasty chicken and furikake ahi hit the spot.  It came with a choice of 2 scoops of brown or white rice and macaroni or fresh salad.  The chicken was crispy and perfectly cooked with their awesome sauce and the ahi was seasoned with just the right amount of furikake.  Each of the other dishes also had the local flavor and taste I appreciate when I think of home.  This is local food at its best!  Unfortunately, the lemon crunch cake did not have the opportunity to be photographed, but trust me when I say that it is probably one of the best cakes you'll ever taste. The owner I heard used to be a baker and with its light and homey taste, you will be coming back for more.  I most certainly will be coming back to the alley and not for bowling either!

Aiea Bowl 
99-115 Aiea Heights Dr., Suite 310
Aiea, HI


No comments:

Post a Comment