Friday, June 25, 2010

Eastlake Bar & Grill

My one day off during the week and Seattle brought back its clouds after 2 days of sunshine. Why?? But the day must go on and my friend and I had already made plans for a nice lunch out by the water to enjoy the supposedly sunny day.  No sun, but the view along Lake Union was still nice.  I'd only been once to Eastlake Bar and Grill for dinner and found it to be a typical American type restaurant.  Lunch offered the usual burgers, fries, salads, and some entrees of chicken or salmon.  Nothing too exciting, but for a good chat and a nice view it was fine.

Garden Burger
(Garden patty with dill Havarti cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato,
red onion & pesto mayo on a Ciabatta roll )

Marionberry Pie

The garden burger was not what I was expecting. I had the option of switching out the patty for a portobello mushroom, but our server said that the patty would be large and would taste better. Big wrong! The patty was tasteless and was covered with so much of the pesto mayo that it was unappetizing. Fries tasted like they came out of a bag and I barely touched them.  I wished I had gone for the half sandwich/salad combo that was offered.  Can't go wrong with a sandwich right? The marionberry pie was much better and redeemed the burger.  Not too sweet and had plenty of fruit filling with a nice crust and dust of powdered sugar on top.  

There were quite a few spectators all glued into the soccer matches that have been going on in the World Cup and I have to say that I was impressed with the many tv screens that were set up around the restaurant for game viewing.  I think for a casual get together or a place to watch some sports, Eastlake Bar and Grill is a good place to go.  Don't expect great food, but for what it's worth it's fine.  View is great and the servers are nice.

2947 Eastlake Avenue East
Seattle, Washington 
206 957 7777

No comments:

Post a Comment