Friday, June 4, 2010

Best Breakfast Place Ever!

I love going to Portage Bay for breakfast and the best thing about it is that it is just down the street from where I live.  I had a chance to stop by there the other morning for some of their awesome pancakes and omelette!

My favorite breakfast place!

Pancakes

Italian Omelette
Cucina de Santis andouille sausage, fresh organic basil, asiago cheese, 
organic tomato and sauteed mushrooms

The pancakes here are gigantic! One dish comes with two of them, enough to feed 2 people.  The perk of ordering waffles or pancakes is the toppings bar.  On a counter top, there is an assortment of fresh blueberries and strawberries, sliced almonds, walnuts, whipped cream, and canned peaches, delicious! The pancakes were light and fluffy, just the way I like it and with the fresh fruit and maple syrup added to it, my taste buds were jumping for joy. I generally usually order their omelettes here as they are so fresh and tasty.  All omelettes also come with a side of organic herbed roasted potatoes and a slice of whole wheat toast.  The portions are huge and I never leave with out taking home a take out box.  My stomach was happy and I was content.  The restaurant was hopping with many people coming in and out.  It is a very popular place to be in the mornings especially on the weekends.  If you're ever in the U-district area near UW, head on down to Roosevelt for breakfast or lunch at Portage Bay!

4130 Roosevelt Way NE
Seattle, WA 98105
206-547-8230

No comments:

Post a Comment