Monday, July 26, 2010

Weekend activites!

This past weekend was packed full of things to do! It was beautiful weather once again and we took full advantage of it.  Starting Saturday we had a church family picnic with food, water balloons, sunscreen, and ice cream!

Spicy dogs on bed of walla walla onions!

Hamburger deluxe!

Sunday morning I ran a road race! My first since running the marathon this past December. It's been awhile, but it felt good to be out there on the road with a thousand other sweaty runners.  It was the 16th Annual Swedish Summer Run and I loved that it was a race for a good cause.  It was touching to see so many supporters running and raising money for ovarian cancer research.  I'm glad to have been able to be a part of this great cause.  My sister came to be my cheerleader as well so that was fun!

Before the race began!

Yay, finished!

Sunday evening the girls and I had a birthday dinner for one of us at nice Italian restaurant called Serafina on Eastlake.  The ambiance of the restaurant is very Italian cafeish with both outdoor and indoor seating.  There was live jazz music and a nice warm buzz to the place.  Service was fairly quick and when we asked to move to another table because of the shifting sunlight, they accommodated us willingly.  Food here is a bit on the higher end, but was definitely different and interesting to try.  The seven of us all had different dishes which made for little tastings from each person's plate.

Short but full weekend.  I was exhausted by the end of yesterday, and I think partly because I'm not as young as I used to be and racing now takes a lot more out of me.  However, I did get my full dose of vitamin D this weekend and am ready for the work week.  It's only five more days till next weekend! Happy Monday!!

Serafina
2043 Eastlake Ave E
Seattle Wa 98102
206.323.0807

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sara - Funny thing..... of all the wonderful looking dishes in this post... it's the meat in tube form that I keep looking at! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kirk! That was my favorite dish too actually... sometimes the best foods are the simplest :)

    ReplyDelete