Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Italiano in 30 minutes

Gearing up for a 10k hilly run this Sunday, but I've been feeling a bit tired lately because of my evening shifts at work.  However, I do love the sunny weather Seattle's been having though, so all is well! I decided since I was feeling so tired, I probably should start eating some substantial carbohydrates this week.  After my run today I looked in my fridge and put together some things for pasta.

Italiano pasta from scratch
- box of pasta
- one can of diced tomatoes
- 1 8oz can of tomato sauce
- ground turkey
- fresh parsley
- one onion diced
- minced garlic
- dried basil & oregano
- garlic salt and pepper to taste
- dash of white wine
- crushed red peppers

  • Cook pasta al dente for 9-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
  • Saute onions and garlic in olive oil.  Add seasonings and let cook for a few minutes for flavors to infuse.  Push ingredients to the side and cook ground turkey in the same pan. 
  • Pour diced tomatoes and tomato sauce in the pan and combine everything together.  Add salt and pepper to taste as well as the chopped parsley, and a dash of white wine.
  • Mix pasta in with the sauce well and serve with a bit of shredded assiago cheese.
Ready to go!

Voila!
 
Simple and easy dinner.  The fresh parsley really adds to the dish.  I wish I had some fresh basil, but dried worked fine for tonight.  If I had some fresh mushrooms I would've added that in as well.  Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment