Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oh Canada!

I've only crossed the border to oh Canada twice in the four years that I have been here and yesterday was the second time.  The day started off gloomy with clouds in the sky and a gray overcast when the bunch of about 18 or so friends and I turned on the engine to start our 2 hour drive to the northern border.

Waiting to get into Canada

Things took a turn for the better at the border as the sun came out and we got to our first destination.... dim sum at Sun Siu Wah in Richmond.  Chinese food in Canada is what can I say, yum!  Although some of the dishes were just ok, the service was relatively quick in the beginning and our table of 9 definitely had enough to eat.

Dim sum in Richmond!

Siu mai and Ha gao

Mango pancake, chicken feet, char siu bao

My favorite, sticky rice!

Cheong fun

Jin dui (fried sesame ball) & dan tat (egg tart)

Baked tapioca pudding

I was full off of dim sum, so much that we didn't really need to eat anything until dinner time.  The restaurant was relatively full of Chinese people, always a good sign that it is a good place to be.  Instead of the standard push carts with food that I was used to seeing, this place had a list where we checked off the items we wanted and the quantity.  I don't quite remember the prices of each dish, but it was a bit pricier than other dim sum places I have been too. All in all though, I was satisfied with Sun Sui Wah. 

After eating we did a bit of shopping at Aberdeen Centre and then headed off to Queen Elizabeth Park where we saw the rose gardens and some cool fountains.  Most of our time in Canada was spent in Richmond and because of the constraint of time we mostly ate and shopped.  Our last stop before we left was Yaohan Centre where a bakery and food court occupied most of our time before we made the long drive back to Seattle.

Eggballs

Roses!

Cute cakes at the bakery!

Dinner at the food court!
(All this for $6, 4 sides + noodles)
 
It was a long day and I was tired although mostly what I did was sit on my derriere and feed my stomach.  Canada is nice to visit once in a while I realize, but I'm content also to just stay and find yummy things to eat here in Seattle.  Oh Canada, thanks for the good eats and scenery!

Home sweet home!


B.C. V6X 3A5
Ph: 604.273.8208
1.866.683.8208

Richmond, British Columbia V6X 3S1,
Canada
‎ - (604) 270-1234

3700 No. 3 Road, Richmond B.C. V6X 3X2
Tel: 604.231.0601 Fax: 604.231.0602

2 comments:

  1. hmm...dis don't look like korean food! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe no we ended up not going korean, still asian though :)

    ReplyDelete