Friday, April 9, 2010

A Slice of Bakery Nouveau

I've had a craving for a good pizza for the longest time.  In fact, ever since I came back from Australia I've been meaning to grab a good slice.  Bakery Nouveau in West Seattle is best known for there delicious baked goods like their wonderful twice baked almond croissants or chocolate croissants, but they also have a fresh selection of breads, sandwiches, and pizza's on hand for lunch.  I've only ever been to Bakery Nouveau for breakfast, but since today was so beautiful and I had a lunch date, I decided to mosey my way over there.

One of my favorite places in Seattle!

Baked goods from chocolates to pastries, to sandwiches!

There were at least 6 or 7 different types of pizza's on hand and oh my they all smelled and looked wonderful.  There was mushroom, pepperoni, vegetarian, caramelized onions, ratatouille, and more! The slices were generous and I wanted to try everything! I decided to go with the ratatouille only because I'd never had that on a pizza and because my server said it was one of his favorite pizzas.  My friend went with the thick Sicilian style caramelized onion pizza.

Giant Ratatouille Pizza

Giant Sicilian style Caramelized Onion Pizza

The crust was crispy, chewy, and light, and the sauce was delicious! Everything tasted so fresh from the vegetables on top to the cheese and the bread itself.  I really enjoyed it.  Since the rectangular shaped slices were so large, both my friend and I cut our pizza's in half only intending to eat half, but we ended up eating the whole thing. It was that good! I recommended coming down to Bakery Nouveau for lunch.  There sandwiches on fresh baguettes also look delicious and as always there are the croissants and sweets for those of you with sweet tooths.


Bakery Nouveau
4737 California Avenue Southwest
Seattle, WA 98116-4412
(206) 923-0534

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing about this place, and this is further motivation to make the trek. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you wont be disappointed :) thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete