Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Back from the Sunny Caribbeans!!

I'm back in rainy Seattle! The past 8 days in the Caribbeans with my best friend was wonderful! There is no way I can post the 400+ pictures I took, but I will post highlights.  We flew out of Seattle early last Sunday and arrived in San Juan, Puerto Rico around 7 pm.  Our cruise ship the Princess Caribbean sat  in dock with a couple of other cruise ships which we also saw at the other ports we stopped in throughout the week.

Early flight out, just in time for the sunrise

Our itinerary for the week:
Day 1-St.Thomas
Day 2- Tortola
Day 3-Antigua
Day 4-St.Lucia
Day 5- Barbados
Day 6-open sea  heading back to San Juan
Day 7-one day/night in Old San Juan
Day 8- Departure for all day flying back home

Arrival on the Princess Caribbean!


I was worried about being seasick initially as I had been on one other cruise before and had felt the sea rolling under me.  Surprisingly though, I was perfectly fine on this trip and was glad for it.  I'm not sure if maybe we were traveling slower between islands or if I just outgrew my seasickness, but whatever the case I did not have to worry about feeling green.  Our cruise boat was huge! It had 17 decks all with a different name.  Our cabin was located on deck 14 Riviera. It took a couple of days before we were accustomed to the various dining locations, entertainment areas, etc and even then sometimes when we took the stairs we'd keep walking and would pass where we wanted to go.  There were two pools on the 14th floor as well as a hidden back pool which we discovered on our 2nd to the last day.  Lots of passengers lounged on this deck as it also carried the pizza, burger, and ice cream station as well as the two buffet locations on board. Yes, can you tell ...a lot of eating took place on board. 

Home for the next 7 days

Palm dining room

Breakfast!
Top- salmon, focaccia, pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, cinnamon
pastry, turkey link, scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms

We had our dinner seating in the Palm Dining Court, but also had tried the other dining halls, Island and Coral which accommodated open seating when we missed our scheduled 6 pm dinner time due to oversleeping or movie watching.   The food on board was just ok for us. I had been on a cruise with Princess to Alaska and I remembered it being fantastic, but the food did not seem as fresh or as appetizing this time around during dinner.  We did enjoy the daily tea time they had from 3-4 pm as well as the fresh thin crusted pizzas and the morning omelets with as much fresh fruit as you want from the buffet line.  I think I overloaded on fruit everyday with pineapple, watermelon, cantaloupe, strawberries, honeydew melons, tangerines, etc.  Wonderful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment