Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another Tom Douglas special....

Finally! I tried another of Tom Douglas' restaurants.  I've only ever been to Dahlia Lounge, but right across the street is his other restaurant, Lola.  I've always wanted to try it, but I am a creature of habit and Dahlia's is wonderful.  My friend however suggested Lola for lunch yesterday and I'm glad she did.  The decor and ambiance of Lola is similar to Dahlia's, but seating wise it seemed smaller.  We arrived around 12:30 pm, right with the the rest of the lunch crowd and thus regular seating was full.  Because the wait would've been 20 minutes, we decided to sit at the bar which was just as good and had a wonderful lunch. 


Grilled prawns, spring vegetables, chermoula

Anderson valley lamb burger 
spicy Lola ketchup, chickpea fries

I had such a good experience with my lamb burger in Australia that I decided to try it again at Lola.  In addition to the burger though, I was really intrigued by the chickpea fries that came on the side.  Interesting concept and it looked delicious. The burger was not as moist and flavorful as the one from Australia, but the fries were delicious! They had a great flavor and a starch like consistency, but not oily at all like a regular french fry.  I really enjoyed it with the special ketchup that was provided.  My friend had the special of the day which was the grilled prawns with salad and she enjoyed it as well.  I had a taste of the dish and found the prawn to be fresh and tasty.

Overall, Lola has a nice feel to its restaurant.  The food is more Mediterranean style compared to Dahlia's Northwest flair, but as always with Tom Douglas' restaurants, there are great dishes and many new things to tantalize your taste buds with.

Lola
2000 4th Avenue
Seattle, WA 98121


No comments:

Post a Comment