Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Last week in Newcastle ......

Heading out of Newcastle to spend my last week in Australia working out of Sydney.  I made my rounds of the favorite places including Sprocket for their Pumpkin Lentil salad which they didn't have, but had their Pumpkin Israeli couscous instead,  Newcastle beach, and of course Goldbergs for a last dinner.

Also celebrated a birthday a few days ago and made some dinner for some of the girls at the apartment as well.  Can't believe that I have lived here for 6 weeks! I'm going to miss this little town.

Pics from this past week......

 
B-day dinner some of the girls at the apt made for me 
(steak & homemade fries, chinese vegetables, apple cake!)

Pumpkin Couscous from Sprocket

Newcastle Beach

 
Dinner for the girls
(Roasted chicken with lime & coriander, garlic rice, steamed vegetables, S & P shrimp one of the girls made)

Can't leave without having the lamington!

 
or making the last stop to Goldbergs......

Slow roasted lamb infused with garlic & rosemary
pan fried potatos, peas and pancetta pink peppercorn jus

 
Sea Salt Pork Medallion 
with chili roasted pumpkin, grilled caramelized apple, fresh asparagus & spicy rhubarb jam

  
Good times 

Not sure how much time I will have to blog in Sydney as it's getting pretty intense with the rotation work now.  It is Chinese New Year's this weekend though so definitely I will have a post on that.  See you back in Sydney!

No comments:

Post a Comment