Thursday, May 6, 2010

Summer is coming!

Summer is coming to Seattle! Today the sun was shining with all it's might and I actually thought about turning on the AC in the car, but instead rolled down the windows. The night is approaching later and later during the evening as well.  Tonight at 8 pm the sky was blue and the sun still out.  Unfortunately, the warmth from the sun was absent, but I have hope that we will soon be seeing those wonder long Northwest summers!

Speaking of which, I had some nice summer meals outside today to enjoy the weather.  My friend and I headed over to Bakery Nouveau for lunch where we tried more of their great pizza.  I had the thick crust pepperoni with sausage this time and she had the mushroom with pancetta.  Good as always despite the limited selection we had from catching the end of the lunch rush.

Mushroom with pancetta

Pepperoni with sausage

My late lunch filled me up and dinner was only a few hours later so I was not quite hungry.   What's a good place for a light meal? I was thinking sandwiches and then it came to mind that I had not gone to Specialty's in a long while.  I always get their turkey & cranberry sandwich as it is a comfort food to me and so delicious!
I had half of a sandwich there and was content to bring the other one home for lunch tomorrow.

Turkey with Cranberry
Sprouts, Mayonnaise, Cranberry Sauce, Roasted Turkey Breast,
Green Leaf Lettuce, Sunflower Seeds, Wheat Bread.

Upon returning home and studying a bit, an attack of the munchies came and what better snacks to make then li hing apples and popcorn?? Odd combination, but let me just say that I did not decide to make the popcorn, that was my sister and it was a new flavor from Orville Redenbacher, chedder cheese! Strange, but intriguing.  I'm game to try. My apples were great! Her popcorn....not so great. It came out of the microwave bright orange and tasted drenched in butter.  I really could not taste any chedder.  Hint to Mr.Redenbacher, ditch the chedder cheese idea and stick with kettle corn!

Yum, li hing apples!

Curious chedder popcorn

It's so orange!

Wonderful day to enjoy the outdoors and eat some yummy food! .... well all except the bright orange popcorn, but we'll just forget about that one hehe.

Bakery Nouveau
4737 California Avenue Southwest
Seattle, WA 98116-4412
(206) 923-0534

Specialty's
2609 NE Village Ln
Seattle, WA 98105

No comments:

Post a Comment