Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Revisit of Indian Cuisine

It's been a while since I have been to an Indian restaurant.  I generally remember feeling like I did not enjoy their curries and that is a typical item on their menu.  There are two restaurants where I live owned by the same owners I believe, Ceders and Taste of India.  A few nights ago we celebrated some early birthdays at Ceders and it was a pleasant revisit for my taste buds.

We ordered family style and had the customary nan of which we tried both the spinach and garlic nan.  Nice, soft, and flavorful with the dipping sauce of cilantro and tamarind chutneys.  Our main dishes took a while to decide.... a while.  We finally came up with four: the tandoori surprise which had a mix of chicken, fish, lamb, and beef, the mango curry with beef, royal biryani, and chicken masala.

Garlic & Spinach Nan
(a little burnt but still delicious)

Tandoori Surprise
(Chicken, Lamb, Beef, and Fish. Served with sliced onions and lemons)

 Mango Curry with beef

Royal Biryani
(Classica Mughlai dish cooked with curry, Basmati rice,
cashew nuts, and saffron)

Chicken Masala
(cream based curry cooked in ginger, cilantro, curry, and a tomato sauce)

Tiramisu Cake

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by how good everything tasted including the curries.  The Royal Biryani was not a curry, but a rice dish and it was one of my favorites.  It was spicy, but had all these great Indian flavors melded into the rice along with the vegetables.  The curries all were flavorful as well and with the basmati rice it was delicious. I'm not sure what about it I did not like before, but they're now back on my radar.  The four dishes and the nan was perfect between the 7 of us and what better way to end a meal than with tiramisu cake! Happy Early Birthday!

4759 Brooklyn Ave. NE
Seattle, WA 98105

(206) 527-4000

No comments:

Post a Comment