Thursday, September 9, 2010

Visit to the Islands- Part IV

Craving for saimen? Here's a place, Ramen Ezogiku in Puck's Alley close to UH.  They have some good ramen with side orders of mandoo for a reasonable price.  I haven't been there in a long time, but right around the corner is the famous Bubbies Ice Cream where we headed to after lunch.

Ramen time!

I had the Chuka Ramen which consisted of noodles, bamboo, one piece of Japanese char siu, and a piece of seaweed in shoyu broth along with a side of mandoo.  Our mandoo came out quickly and were fried fresh with nice fry marks on the side.  Our ramen followed not much later and they smelt great! The noodles were chewy, yet firm and had a good consistency to it which is a plus for me as I don't like mushy noodles.  The broth itself was also quite good, not too salty and flavorful.  It is a small restaurant and filled up quickly during lunch, but for the quality and prices of the ramen it is worth going to.  

Mandoo with dipping sauce

Chuka Ramen

Next stop, Bubbies!! It's been a super long time since I've had Bubbies and I was excited to go.  I shared a huge chocolate, oreo, coffee ice cream cake slice and ate my own guava ice cream mochi ...... YUM! I love mochi ice cream and Bubbies is the best as far as different types of flavors like Azuki Bean, Green Tea, Guava, Lychee, Mango, Passion, Raspberry White Chocolate, Sakura, Strawberry, and way more! It is home made too which makes it even more ono! It was a good way to end the afternoon.... high off of sugar.

First layer- chocolate, second layer- coffee, third layer- oreo all on an oreo crust!
2146 Kalakaua Ave
Honolulu, HI 96815

1010 University Ave
Honolulu, HI 96826


No comments:

Post a Comment