Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Visit to the Islands - Part I

I just got back from a lovely 2 week vacation home to the island of Oahu! I apologize for the lack of posts while I was there, but to make it up I will be posting several blogs on my visit back.  It was bliss to just lounge, surf, and of course eat my little heart out.

The very first night I was lucky enough to be taken to one of my all time favorite restaurants, Roy's, out at Ko Olina.  I've only ever been to the Roy's located in Hawaii Kai which is fantastic, but the same great standard of service and food was here as well.  This night was special as I got proposed to! Yes, it was a very eventful vacation. So, now engaged I will happily begin to describe my eating adventures.  I didn't get the name of the dishes and the pictures didn't quite turn out as good as I would like, but then again everything that evening all went by in a blur of happiness.

The door awaits...

Upon arrival we were seated promptly as we had reservations and our waiter proceeded to lay our napkins across our laps and hand a menu to each of us while explaining the specials for the evening.  As we were deciding on our dinner, we were given a complimentary appetizer of edamame beans flavored ever so slightly with a spicy sauce.  It is one of the best edameme's I've ever had I must say. We took some time looking at the menu, but finally decided on two dishes.  I tried their classic four dish that included mahi mahi, seared ahi, opakapaka, and their signature miso butterfish.  It was delicious! I can not even describe how great each of the flavors of each fish tasted.  They all were unique and distinct and it's a shame, but I don't remember how they were prepared and it is not listed on their online menu.  All I can say is that if you make it out to Roy's, it is a must try dish! The other dish we ordered was a trio of large grilled prawns, pulehu ribs, and salmon. Delicious again! The ribs were cooked to perfection and were falling off the bone and the shrimp was flavorful and succulent.  We were full and completely satisfied with our dinner.  

Classic Four

Prawns, pulehu ribs, salmon

It was a perfect evening to a first day back in the islands! This was the first of many meals in Hawaii.  I ate and ate and ate.... what a life! More to come!
92-1220 Aliinui Rd
Kapolei, HI 96707
(808) 676-7697

No comments:

Post a Comment