Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dine around part II - Dahlia Lounge!

Dine around on the last day for lunch at Dahlia Lounge! This restaurant owned by Tom Douglas is a favorite for a few of my friends and I.  It's located right in downtown and is a wonderful restaurant with great food, ambiance, and service.

Dahlia

Selection for lunch

Cup of Tom’s Tasty Tomato Soup 
Brown Butter Croutons 

 Albacore Poke 
Sesame, Soy, Scallion 

Pan Seared Chilled Albacore Tuna 
Buckwheat Soba, Pickled Beets and Daikon, Green Garlic 

Lychee Sorbet, Ginger 

The food was delicious as usual and for $15, we got a wonderful lunch complete with appetizer, entree, and dessert!  Everything was so simple yet elegant.  I really enjoyed all 3 of my dishes.  The flavor of the poke was fantastic.  I only wished the pieces were larger and surprisingly though I never add anything to poke, a squeeze of the lime on the side brought out the flavors even more.  My entree, the seared tuna with soba was refreshing with its pickled beets and daikon and although the soba noodles were a tad dry, they complemented the tuna. With all the yumminess, today's winner was dessert! The lychee sorbet with ginger syrup was light and so perfect with its meld of sweetness from the lychee and spiciness from the ginger.  I love it!

Altogether, an enjoyable lunch with friends once again!  Dahlia Lounge never fails, everyone needs a visit!
2001 4th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98121

No comments:

Post a Comment